The BANGSA BAI MOVEMENT is a Moro "Muslim" Women Organization whose members
belong to the marginalized sector. It is committed to pursue the struggle of
women against discrimination and all forms of violence against women. We
stand for issues and Agenda towards Sustainable Development and raising of
awareness among Moro Women for total empowerment and upliftment of the their
PRINCIPLES AND BASIS OF UNITY:
1. The leadership and management terms of the organization shall be in
2. Participatory and consultative in decision-making
3. Promotion and encouragement of self-reliance
4. Works for the interest and benefit of the organization and its members.
5. Solidarity with other Women sectoral organizations in the Philippine and
abroad with the same issues and aspirations.
The organization envisions a Moro Society that seeks to eliminate
discrimination against women. A society that recognizes genuine Women
participation in all the Political, Socio-Economic and Cultural aspects for
sustainable development and realization of Women Empowerment.
To unite and work together in confronting the issues and problems faced by
Moro women locally and internationally. To strengthen the organization
through capability building programs in the political, socio-economic and
cultural sphere. To expose and oppose all forms of discrimination against
the Moro people in general, and the Moro women in particular and to actively
oppose all forms of violence against women.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
The Bangsa Bai Movement was formed in order to enable the Moro women to have
access to political participation and be granted due recognition in the Moro
society as well as Philippine and global society in general. The Movement
also intends to facilitate the total elimination of the discrimination and
violence against women in Moro Society.
1. To develop the skill and knowledge particularly on issues related to
women's concerns in the grassroots level.
2. To encourage and develop capability building of the Moro Women in the
3. To generate resources and funds for the organization and its members.
4. To promote advocacy and education campaign for women
issues.(discrimination against women and all forms violence against women)
5. To help organize women in different sectors.
6. To build the political and economic capability of Moro Women
7. To build linkages and networks with other women organizations and
individuals for women issues.
8. To promote gender awareness relevant to their culture and belief.
9. To promote and revive the traditional and customs practices among Moro
Women in the Moro Society.
PROGRAM AND CONCERNS:
1. Community Development
3. Resource and Livelihood Project.
4. Cultural Program
5. Lobby and Advocacy and Policy Intervention.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
SOPHIA R. ( Tess) DIMALOG
SITTIE IDJARA ALANGADI
USTADJ RASMIA ABULLAH